WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY !!!
At Fuji, we have a range of equipment that varies
from smaller high speed Heading Machines and Thread
Rollers to our large range of Headers and Thread
Rollers; the latter designed to produce the larger
Key manufacturing data:
- COLD FORMING PROCESS
- ANNUAL PRODUCTION OF MORE THAN 25 MILLION
- ANNUAL CONSUMPTION OF RAW MATERIAL RANGES
FROM 250 TO 300 TONNE
- CAPABILITY TO MANUFACTURE A WIDE RANGE OF FASTENERS
- MULTITUDE OF LENGTHS AND THICKNESSES
- MULTITUDE OF HEAD/DRIVE CONFIGURATIONS AND
- PRODUCTION STAFF ALL WITH 20+ YEARS EXPERIENCE
- MULTI STATION MACHINERY
Materials used in our manufacturing process include:
- LOW CARBON STEEL
- MEDIUM CARBON STEEL
- HIGH CARBON STEEL
- ALLOY STEEL
- STAINLESS STEEL
We produce up to grade 12 .9 high tensile strength
COLD FORMING PROCESS
Cold forming is a high speed manufacturing process whereby metal is shaped at room temperature often without the need for the removal of material.
A simple blank is placed within a die and a punch is pressed into the blank. The blank then takes on the form of the punch and the die. By utilising multiple dies and punches in succession very complex shapes can be achieved.
Metal is forced beyond its yield (elastic) limit and retains its altered shape upon removal from the die. The metal is not forced beyond its tensile strength, otherwise fracturing would occur (the exception is when trimming or piercing).
Historically cold forming has been an experienced based technology, but this is changing as new computer based analytical tools are constantly being developed.
ADVANTAGES OF COLD FORMING
The advantages of the Fuji Cold Forming process include:
- MATERIAL COST SAVINGS UP TO 70%
- ENHANCED PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS AND PRODUCT PERFORMANCE
- HIGHER QUALITY SURFACE FINISH
- REDUCED PRODUCTION COSTS
- CONSISTENT AND IMPROVED TOLLERANCE CONTROL
Below is a video showing how the cold forming process works